Trends Affecting Higher Education in Canada: 2017-2022
Alex Usher is the President of Higher Education Strategy Associates and Editor-in-Chief of Global Higher Education Strategy Monitor. An internationally recognized expert in student financial aid and quality measurement in post-secondary education, Usher has authored numerous studies in higher education.
Prior to former role as Director of Educational Policy Institute Canada (EPI Canada) and founding the Higher Education Strategy Associates, Mr. Usher served as the Director of Research and Program Development at the Canada Millennium Scholarship Foundation. From 1996 to 1998, Mr. Usher served as a researcher and lobbyist for the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada and before that was the first national director of the Canadian Alliance of Student Associations. He holds degrees from McGill University and Carleton University.
Date: Friday, March 10
Time: 1 to 2 p.m.
Location: Engineering, Management & Education building, room EME 0050
Drop in. No registration required.
Last reviewed 2/24/2017 2:35:16 PM
2017 Events at a glance
- BRAES Institute Open House & Poster Session
- UBC Engineering Research Night
- Rural Health in Rural Hands: Building Partnerships with a Regional Alliance for Health Research
- Community-Based Research Panel
- Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) Final
- UBC-KEDGE Wine Industry Collaboration
- Café Scientifique: Side-stepping the Effects of Stroke
- Keynote: Alex Usher Presents Trends Affecting Higher Education in Canada
- Research Awards and Reception
- School District No. 23 District Science Fair